All begins with site characterisation. Geosto Ltd is a consulting company
providing subsurface characterisation and earth resource and management
services. Our service portfolio is specialised to sectors of mining and raw
material industry, geotechnical and construction companies, energy companies,
geologic disposal of nuclear waste, nuclear power plant site characterisation,
environmeantal safety and companies managing earth resources or managing
subsurface conditions. Our office is located in northern Helsinki area, Finland
and can be easily reached by your private plane to nearby Malmi airport.
Our services are
- Geophysics, hydrogeology and hydrological measurements
- Project leading and project execution
- Export activities and
promotion of consultancy export sales
- Research and
Competence areas of consulting
Site assessment for nuclear power plants,
Geologic disposal of radioactive and nuclear fuel waste- Power plant site characterisation and suitability
- Investigation strategy, planning and programmes
- Investigation plans and methods
- Geology, geophysics,seismicity, hydrology and geochemistry
- Assessment and interpretation of results, geo-modelling solutions
- Quality Assurance
Mining environmental investigations- Investigations for contaminated soil and groundwater
- NOVEL-EM monitoring method and related surveying
- Hydrogeological and hydrological surveys
- Dam structure, integrity and outfiltration-leakage studies
- Planning and supervision of investigations
- Application of geohydrological, geophysical ja geochemical methods
- Earth (geoinformation) GROUNDMODEL product, analysis and assessment
- Data management, reporting
Earth materials and resources- Exploration and research of metallic ores and other mineral deposits
- Dimension stone and earth material research and studies
- Planning of investigations, operations and supervision
- Geological and geophysical methods and measurements
- Data processing, interpretation and modelling
- Data management, reporting
Geophysical measurements- Geophysical surveys with ground radar, electrical and EM frequency sounding equipment
- Hydraulic investigations: pumping tests, injection tests and flow measurements
- Special competence area on the following high-resolution methods:
-> frequency and time domain electromagnetic methods, borehole loggings, radar and seismics, hydrauic testing
- R&D projects and innovation, equipment testing
- Data processing, interpretation and GROUNDMODEL method
- Adaptation to production and on-site requirements
- Consulting, method and technology assessment and training
Our flagship product is NOVEL-EM monitoring system - intended for mine site waste area water monitoring, leakage detection and improving environmental safety. System is in use at several Finnish mine sites. Monitoring is based on accurate indirect measurements of ground water layer electrical conductivity, integration of other related measurements and deducing the water quality and chemistry changes. Also embankment dam structures can be investigated and leakage points and routes detected. Development has been funded by TEKES - the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation during 2013 - 2016 and EIT Raw Materials Baltic company during 2017 as part of EU H2020 programme.
OperationsGeosto Ltd carries its operations according to company and client quality guidelines. We engage only selected co-operation partners as our subconsultants and in field measurements. We are committed to environmentally sustainable solutions which also conform with the client objectives and with the requirements of the society. Geosto Ltd promotes recycling, ecoefficient use of materials and public transportation in our own activitites.
Recent activities, news and project links are can be found from YRITYS main page (some materials are in English) and also on our Facebook-page, please take a look:
Link to Geosto Facebook-page.
Our auxiliary business branch is Music production and sales.
Pauli Saksa, Principal Consultant and Director, Dr.(Tech.)
Tel. +358 50 5411 330
Link to public LinkedIn profile
Mail and office address: Lallintie 6, 00700 HELSINKI, FINLAND.
Business ID is 2361682-8, in EU format FI23616828.